Thursday, November 15, 2018

B5

For the first musician, I think that Bass Nectar fits perfectly into the “Electronic – Producer/DJ Culture” genre. I saw this Bass Nectar live in 10th grade in Portland, Maine, and it was an amazing show. At the time, I was super into electronic music and this was one of my favorites in this genre. This ties directly with technology because he uses a computer to make his music.


The second artist I selected is from the “Nineties” genre. They are the world-famous Nirvana. I used to play their song “Come As You Are” with my rock and roll band back in middle school. Their work fits so well into the music timeline because it was so different and nowadays it is seen as an essential piece when talking about rock or nineties music.


The third genre I chose was “Techno.” I also went through a little techno phase in middle school/early high school and I used to listen to Daft Punk a lot. My favorite song by them was “Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger” because it used aspects from Kanye West’s song, “Stronger.” Their music stood out so much because they would take songs that people had already released, and turn them into an entirely new song, while making amazing original music as well.


In the “Latin World” category, I chose Luis Fonsi, the artist who wrote the very famous song “Despacito.” This song had racked up 5.7 Billion plays on YouTube! It easy fair to say he is an icon amongst the Spanish community and music in general. Without technology, he wouldn’t have had the same mix on his vocals. Also, the beat is computer processed.


I think the best example for the “Disco” category is the Bee Gees. I chose them because I’ve been hearing their music very often since I was young. They managed to stay one of the most prominent bands ever for decades. They will forever stay alive. Even with the lack of technology, in their prime, they managed to produce this. I’m waiting for a new album…


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project

For the final project, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. As a musician, I have shot many music videos to promote my music. For this ...