Tuesday, October 30, 2018

A5


When I read about this assignment on the syllabus, I thought it would turn out very differently. I originally assumed that the Xerox project was supposed to be realistic and look like me. I was nervous about this project because I didn’t know if I would be able to find a scanner that worked correctly—I did.
            However, my preconceived notions about this assignment were thrown away when we started going over examples from previous classes. Being a musician, I wanted to tie it back to music, of course. I thought about making a music note out of the images, but then decided on to create a microphone. I went with the microphone because I have been performing my music live for the past 4 years, and I have started to get very comfortable with them.
            I’m very happy with the outcome of this project. I had a lot of fun including scans of my tattoos, because not everyone has them. This made my project even more unique.I also had fun playing around with creating textures with my hair and camo pants to fill in the negative spaces.

2 comments:

  1. This piece is a great example of taking what you know and creating something from it. You've created a juxtaposition of both yourself and music merging them into one and the same, which shows just how much it means to you. A fantastic piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job of making something that means a lot to you with the tattoos that you have, I enjoy the way the piece just doesn't look like a ton of scans and was cut into various shapes. Nice Work

    ReplyDelete

Final Project

For the final project, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. As a musician, I have shot many music videos to promote my music. For this ...