Thursday, October 25, 2018

A4

     



            Initially I had no idea what I would do for the 30x30 grid assignment. I had a couple different ideas, but didn’t think I could find enough material to actually make it work. However, once we looked at other students’ assignments from the past, I had an epiphany. I knew that I had a good amount of professional pictures of myself, for promoting my music, so I wanted to recreate a picture of me performing using some sort of colored material.
            This idea of using a performance picture actually goes way back. I used to be in a rock n roll band in middle school, and my parents have a great picture of me playing guitar at a concert hung in their living room. I decided that an updated performance picture, of me rapping, would look good next to it to see the comparison of the two, and it would also double as a perfect gift.

            Once I found the picture I wanted to recreate, I decided to use colored push pins as the material. Simply gridding out the picture and the poster board felt like it took forever! I had to keep redrawing the grid so that was very frustrating. The next annoying thing was the fact that I kept running out of push pins. I ended up going back to Staples to get more push pins. Between the cost of Uber back and forth, and all the materials I spent $96 on this assignment, but I am very happy with how it came out!

3 comments:

  1. I really like your grid art project. Although you ended up spending a lot of money on this project I think it was worth it because it came out really good. The photo of yourself that you based the grid art on is a really cool photo. I also love the colors you used for this project, blue and green are my two favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must commend you on your creative grid art. Projects take patience and diligence, but your work was such a success. The photo alone that you used for this piece is amazing in and of itself. I would definitely submit this piece for the art festival Professor Roundtree was telling us about. Great job on this! I look forward to seeing your other art works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutly love this art that you have done. The most important and sucessfull aspect of this project is the fact that you created something that you love. Congratz on this really cool Grid Art

    ReplyDelete

Final Project

For the final project, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. As a musician, I have shot many music videos to promote my music. For this ...