Thursday, October 18, 2018

X2

There are many different types of art around the world. For example, paintings, drawings, sculptures, even digital art. However, after talking about this new topic of art in class, I have come to realize that this art can be a computer programmer’s best friend. This topic of art is called ASCII art. ASCII stands for American Standard Code for Information Interchange and is becoming more and more popular by the day.
            What exactly is ASCII art? ASCII art is simply pictures created out of text, or symbols on the keyboard. There is actually a guide to which characters are considered appropriate to be deemed a piece of ASCII art. There are 128 available for those who are interested in participating in ASCII art. It kind of reminds me of reading, because you have to go line by line from left to right during the creation process.

            When I was exploring a couple different websites, I came across an amazing picture of R2-D2 from Star Wars. This piece must have taken so many hours because the detail is phenomenal. In fact, at first glance, the piece almost looks like it could be a real picture. This is because R2-D2 pops out of the page like he is 3D. The creator did an amazing job on choosing different characters to make him pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project

For the final project, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. As a musician, I have shot many music videos to promote my music. For this ...