Sunday, September 2, 2018

B1

My name is Pete Doughty and I’m a senior at the University of Tampa studying New Media Production with a minor in French. I was born in Philly and moved to Freeport, Maine when I was seven years old. I grew up and spent most of my life in the cold in Maine, so naturally when it was time to pick a school, I wanted something warm and I wanted to get back to a city vibe like I had in Philly. I actually discovered UT by accident while touring other schools in Florida, and I’m very happy I did.
            My entire life I’ve been into music. Whether it was listening or creating, I always had something musical going on in my head. I started taking piano lessons when I first moved to Maine. My parents may have forced the lessons on me, but looking back at it, I am so thankful for them because piano is the first step to understanding music and music theory. After two years of piano lessons, I moved on to guitar lessons. Once my skills improved, I formed a band called “The Oxymorons” with a couple friends. I played as the lead guitar player in the band. We played at various music festivals around Maine, such as The Old Port Fest, and also managed to be the first band on stage after the grand reopening of The State Theatre in Portland, Maine.
            Once I started high school, I got really into Hip Hop because my older sister introduced me to Lil Wayne. At the age of 14 I started writing my own raps. It started out as a hobby, but quickly developed into a passion. Fast forward seven years, and I am the CEO of my own record label, NewWorld Hustle Productions LLC, and I have over 20 songs available to stream on all major music platforms including Apple Music, Spotify, Google Play, and Tidal. It took me a while to see any profit from my own music but now that I am, I want to continue with even more force.

            I’m really excited to take this class because I am a very creative person. I look forward to seeing how the topics that will be taught in this class will shape the way I think creatively and open up new ideas and possibilities for future projects. Even though we won’t be making music in this class, I still believe that everything can be tied back into my personal interests using my creative personality. I’m looking forward to a great semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project

For the final project, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. As a musician, I have shot many music videos to promote my music. For this ...